Monday, December 7, 2009

Memory Lane

Up late, studying for finals, listening to iTunes.

All of a sudden, my mind is taken back to some pretty great memories. Isn't it funny how your brain associates certain people with certain songs? Here are some songs that remind me of boyfriends of the past, starting with boyfriend number one: Sam from high school. The songs probably explain all too much about the relationship :)

Sam: Dr. Dre and Snoop--Next Episode

Brandon: Dixie Chicks--Cowboy Take Me Away

Michael: G-Love and Special Sauce--Baby's Got Sauce

Dave: Outkast--Hey Ya!

Craig: Ummm...when we first started dating we thought it would be funny to have this song as "our song," so that if/when we broke up, we wouldn't have to listen to sappy old love songs. It worked.

Eric: Anything by REM or Cat Stevens but particularly this song. When he let me control the radio, usually Britney, Alanis, or Ben. Living in NYC, this one sang me to sleep when Eric wasn't there, which was always.
- REM: Man on the Moon
- Ben Kweller: Falling

Then...I started dating younger men:

Adam: PussyCat Dolls--When I Grow Up

William: Chris Rice--So Much For My Sad Song

Daniel: Kanye West--Heartless

Bryce: There are so many-probably because it was so recent but I don't think I will ever listen to this song without thinking of Bryce, nor will I ever listen to this band without thinking about our plans to travel to India. (I promise it's worth it to click. These are rad bands/songs).
- Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk--Paperweight
- Jump, Little Children--Mexico

Tyler: Hahahaha. None come to mind because I always dominate our music-listening sessions with this beautiful song: Fun--The Gambler


I sure love music. I mean, yeah I love boys, but I really love music. It has never let me down.

1 comment: