Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daily dose of haikus

One, two three, four, five
My hands and thumbs are alive
I am not a monkey.

To the finish line
My mind continues to race.
But my body's weak.

I want everything.
And I won't let you say no.
Or I won't want it.

Here's the thing: I love,
But I'm also bad at math.
How much can I have?

Worry and worry
And stress and binge and freak out
All for it to end.

Competitiveness
Seems like such a good thing but
It's so cancerous.

When I was little,
My mom made me clean dishes.
Kitchens drowned in soap.

I have five siblings.
I love them all equally
But all differently.

Don't need to be friends.
I just need to win, his heart
Will never be yours.

Time was on my mind
When I was wishing on stars
Now I just want change.

I mean currency.
If I could have money, I'd
Buy your happiness.

I hope that would work.
If it didn't, I think I
Know some other ways.

Like, for example,
I could make you bacon each
Morning. You'd love that.

Or always take out
the trash when it overflows.
I even mow lawns.

But not very well.
I think I might be sexist
Because I think men

Should do manly chores.
Or maybe I'm just lazy
And should learn new things.

Here is the problem:
I can neither change oil
Nor sew a button.

Then what can I do?
I can interpret cases
And write about them.

I can have fun with
Other peoples' money, And
Be grateful for it.

I can make music
And recognize the beauty
All over the world.

But first I must go
And see the world for myself
Not just through pictures.

I secretly think
My dad's promise for a cruise
Is all just a sham.

But I deal with it
Because he paid for law school
For which I'm thankful.

Class is starting soon
But not soon enough. Running
out of good topics.

I hope you like me.
I hope we stay the same, but
better with grey hair.

1 comment: