Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wedding Dress Help

Tonight, the wedding dress consultant got mad at me for not having a dress picked out yet. The problem is that I have all the odds stacked against me.

* I need a modest dress with sleeves

* I want a dress to fit in with the classic vintage (1920s)theme

* I need it to be in my size (I currently fit into wedding dresses from sizes 8-14)

* I need a dress that looks good with my body type (probably the hardest one to satisfy) A-line and Empire waist types look best on me (It has to fit my larger chest, small waist, and hide my enormous hips)

* I don't want to spend a fortune

So...does anyone have any suggestions? Or does anyone know someone who has a spare wedding dress lying around that might possibly match that description?

I'm freaking out here.

1 comment:

  1. Have I said congrats on the engagement yet? If not, I am so happy for you! Do you remember my dress? Probably not...but theres a couple pics on facebook in my profile pics. I had my dress made, and it was 500 for the work, and I paid for the material which was about 200. But, mine was vintage-esque. It had a high collar and a v-neck, empire waist with a satin belt-like sashe, then poofed out. Here's a link to a dress that I sort of got the idea from.
    http://www.dhgate.com/designer-sexy-mermaid-lace-v-and-high-collar/p-ff8080812d2c3f23012d34a6b47d4194.html
    Except mine was more boxy. Depending on the materials you use, it can look less princess-y like mine and more 1920's. BUT, if your trying to buy one already made the way you want....good luck! I couldn't find one I liked so I had mine made in Utah.
    Hope that helped in some way!

    ReplyDelete