Friday, September 18, 2009

Persistence



Hello there. I listened to the Prophet speak at Devotional on Tuesday. His summary of Heber J. Grant's life really impacted me. A lot. That man embodied persistence and diligence. I will now be embarking on a systematic review of his life so I can closely have a role model to follow in my quest for perfection. What a marvelous man. I loved these quotes, and then found some more to add. I hope you love them as much as I do:


Persist in all those things which are good and noble.
-President Monson, remember President Grant's legacy

Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before. - Herodotus

That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

All our losses will be made up if we are faithful. -Joseph Smith (movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment