Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Seven Days of Summer

Although Autumn is by far my favorite season, right now Utah is not being very Autumn-like. It feels more like the prelude to Winter. So I would like to channel the virtues of summer a bit. This week is the law school's Fall Break, which means that we get a break from going to class while we scurry around trying to digest the information that was force-fed down our throats the last two months. But it also means we get to sleep in as late as we want, stay out as late as we'd like, and do whatever with our days without feeling guilty. If I don't study for a class tomorrow, I'll be just fine in the long run.

So, this week I will be bringing a little "30 minutes or more" moment to my life. Why did I reference "summer" in this blog? It's because summer brings sunshine, warmth, and sunbeams. That is what this "30 minutes or more" moment will be for me--just a 30 minute ray of sunshine in my day. So no matter how stressful, busy, crazy, depressing, or utter failure my days become, I will always have my summer moment to know that life is beautiful.

Yesterday was a good start, but most of yesterday was phenomenal, so it's hard to choose. I will choose to highlight the moment, though, that I will probably remember most in later years. So stay tuned. Once I have the photos loaded, I will post.

Aren't you just so anxious to find out?

(PS-I find joy in the simplest things...like watching a flowing river and crunching fall leaves with my boots, so don't expect daily trips to Disney World during this experiment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment