Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Verbal Failures

In elementary school I got my folder signed for speaking too loudly and too often. My defense to the teacher was that my talking habits were a product of my genetics and that she couldn't punish me for a trait I couldn't control.

I wish my genetics kicked in today. Why is it that in the moments you most need to speak, the words just don't seem to come? Tonight I meant to say, "I will do anything for you, including loving you forever." What came out was, "You still owe me two hundred bucks."

I am not yet sure what hurts more: rejection, or wondering what might have been.



On the bright side, I'm two hundred dollars richer now.

6 comments:

  1. This could be an all time favorite blog post ever for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chrissy, that's HUGE. Thanks for joying in the idiosyncrasies that make up my crazy self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry Sara... I know how it feels, and it is not fun! Hang in there- It will get better! and have fun with your $200!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Chrissy and sharing your blog, I would like to be a blog fan. You write from the heart and we all need to read more of the real life.
    Thank you,
    Grammie Star Wars
    California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Grammie. That is such a great compliment. I feel like if I take life too seriously there would be not time to laugh. Ali: I'm doing super. Happy Thanksgiving. And Julie, come down here to Provo and we'll spend the money together. :)

    ReplyDelete