Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Celebrate the small things

I am proud of myself for a few very small accomplishments. If I record my progress, I think it will make me try harder and reach my goals faster.


First, I completed three back hip circles without any spotter or assistance in my gymnastics class. They look easier than they really are, I promise you. Most of the girls cannot do it in the class yet. Of the ones that can, many have to still use spotters. Here's what one looks like: Back hip circle

(By the way, my hands and upper quads took quite the beating from repeatedly practicing this. I will upload pictures of my jacked-up hands later; I'll spare you the pictures of my bruised up legs.)

Second, I completed and landed a level handstand on the low beam and had the guts to repeatedly attempt it on the high beam. This is what it's supposed to look like: Handstand.

Last, we watched video clips of each member of the class running. One of BYU's running coaches said I could be an Olympic middle distance runner based on the way I run. I know that won't ever be true, but the good news is 1) I have really good form to run and run fast, and 2) I don't need to buy special running shoes to get good speed, distance, or form. It's built in to my genetics. Thanks Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment