Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FIGHT OR FLIGHT

This year, I have clocked more hours on the phone with the staff of continental.com (including that annoying automated message that repeatedly boasts of the airline's "congress of chefs and sommeliers) than with any and all of my family members combined--and I have 25 family members. Why? Because of their ridiculous change fees. It costs $50 - $150 to change my flight to any other flight but the ones I want. The policy sounds pretty reasonable, but the practical application is almost entirely useless...kind of like reading someone his Miranda rights.

I wish I weren't so pleasant with customer service people. I'm pretty sure if I had complained that would've given me what I wanted. Instead, here am I with a midnight flight to Salt Lake and missing the BEST CLASS IN THE UNIVERSE:: Intro to Music Business.

On that note, I am willing to pay $30 and dinner to anyone in Utah who is willing to video record the lecture for me. (I already have a volunteer who will tape record it for free, but I'd benefit much more from a video recording, even a really shoddy one on an iPhone or camera. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment