Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Music Rubbers

I'm SOOOOO grateful I have musically talented friends. I hope that some of their talent rubs off on me. The reason I'm gushing over my musical friends is that I just developed a whole bucket load of pictures from the past year and I noticed a common theme: concerts, jam sessions, music after parties, and moments that should've had their own soundtrack.

Here is a little sampling of the wonderfulness that was my musical year.

This is Rhett and me in Vegas. What's musical about it? I'm wearing a "Fun." shirt. What's cool about this picture? My camera's lens broke, so we just asked the drunk woman who took it to point it in our general direction and we'd find out later if the photo would develop. Turns out it did:




These are pictures of my hot (married) former Temple Square mission companion and me at Candlelight Serenade at Thanksgiving Point last summer:





Then, what a surprise, I bumped into my BFF from my freshman year and later but less-close friend from a very hilarious circumstance that I would recount here if this blog were private. Alas it is not. Here is Tyler Glenn (of Neon Trees) and Ashley Mollerup:



And then at Travis' recording studio post Empirates show at Velour:




And then Ben and me with this dude from Idaho whom we met at the Empirates show, who we invited to the after party, who subsequently came. He was pretty legit. But I lost his business card. If you recognize this man, please call me at 1-800-FIND-HIM:




Then some crazies got ahold of my camera and took crazy pictures. I can't identify the people. (Actually I can, I just shouldn't.)



Two members of "Good Manor," a band I managed, waiting to receive their business checking accounts at Wells Fargo.




Here is the opening act at a house show we threw last year. In the background is my future ex-boyfriend, Tanner with his soon-to-be ex girlfriend, Carolyn. Fun memories.



And I took Leland to that same house show, where we made creme brulee and made everyone feel like we had planned pyrotechnics as part of the ambience. Truthfully we just wanted brulee on our creme:



This is my sister-in-law Maria, her sister-in-law Virginia (or something. I don't remember), and me after my one and only 5K in Richfield, Utah on July 5th. My official time was 23:21 and 5th in my age division. That's why I will never run another 5K again. How does this relate to music, you ask? Well, to train for this run I made myself a play list of several "pump me up" songs so that at certain times during the run I'd know "Hey, when Miley Cyrus comes on, I should be at mile 1" and "Garth is singing: you better reach the finish line!" So yeah. There you go:



And then the best of all--my bro. Last New Year's Eve we had a little impromptu karaoke party at the lake house. Well when we were all done and just chatting and playing relaxing card games, Chris (my brother) went over to the karaoke machine and just popped in song after song, singing along. We rang in the New Year with his voice. At one point, I looked at the watch so I could document how long he sang straight through. I think it turned out to be about 70 minutes. He's a champ.

1 comment: