Monday, July 20, 2009

Brie and Peanut Butter

So...I have a confession to make. A week or two ago, I was eating one of my favorite foods--peanut butter--and we pulled out some Brie cheese (one of my favorite cheese) from the fridge. One thing led to another, and Bryce and I were sitting on the couch dipping the cheese into the peanut butter and eating it like that. Gross, I know. Bryce thought it was totally appropriate to tell that story about two minutes after I met the family. Really great. Anyway, now that they think I'm not that strange I decided to let them in on our little world of fun. We had a picnic Friday at Kiwanis Park and we introduced them to the brie and peanut butter phenomenon.



For those of you who are curious as to how one eats this delectable delicacy, I will show you. You first take the wheel of cheese, cut them into small triangles, and then tear a small portion of that triangle off. Then you dip it into peanut butter, and eat away. Sometimes, depending on what you're in to, you can suck off the peanut butter from the cheese and then dip the same piece of cheese back in the peanut butter. That's the method of choice for this boy:



I'm actually not sure if anyone, but Macy, tried our wonderful cuisine. But we definitely finished half the wheel of brie. Don't even worry.



It's cool, though. Marci suggested eating one of her favorite, interesting dishes: peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I think I can live with eating peanut butter and brie in front of someone who likes the PB and pickle combination.



All in all, the park was fun. We had J-dawgs, chips, and diet DP. We rushed out of there for Bryce's physics class and then I went back to work where I researched more on the USA PATRIOT Act and how BYU must comply with it. Here's an interesting piece of trivia: Did you know that the Patriot Act isn't just a clever name? It's actually just a really long acronym for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act passed only a couple months after Sept. 11. Very controversial, but it has not been overturned or repealed. yet.

This graphic is from The Onion, my preferred news source:



This summer is going great. I am on a pretty tight schedule; I have lots to do, but I also have lots of fun. I have wonderful, good friends to spend time with, and I'm really loving the fact that once I'm done with work, I'm done. I don't need to study or stress about tests, stare decisis, case holdings, or exceptions to rules. Although I love law school and I actually miss my law friends and going to class and learning, I can tell that when I graduate, I won't be too terribly disappointed. I think it will be nice to have a law job and to get on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment