Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fond Fond Memories


I was driving down 9th East, and I had to stop at the light just south of the temple. The temple was on my left, the MTC was on my right. I watched as a group of young-looking boys walked in front of my car. My eyes started to well up as I thought about how I felt some three years ago when I was in their shoes. These boys have no idea what is about to happen to them, I thought. No matter how prepared a person is, the mission will totally rock that person's world and change his/her life forever.



It changed mine. I prepared as much as humanly possible. I wanted to give back in service to the Lord for all he had blessed me with. Then the mission happened and I realized that the opportunity to serve a mission was the most wonderful blessing the Lord could ever bestow on me. It changed my life. These boys are going out into the world full of hope, knowledge, plans, and a testimony. They will come back men and will forever be changed. I hope I can do my mission justice by still claiming to be a representative of Christ in my words and actions even though my mission is done.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the "like" button? Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I saw your blog and thought I'd reply to your comment here. It was good to see you guys too. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, you are an amazing example of living with the Light of Christ and how to live and be happy in the Gospel!

    ps. I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could find your's!

    ReplyDelete